Special Education Teacher
We are looking for highly qualified Special Education teachers with knowledge and experience working with students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and other Pervasive Developmental Disorders (sensory and social/emotional impairments). Candidate must be certified, and possess an AZ IVP fingerprint clearance card. Candidate will work collaboratively with the general education teachers and administrators to develop strategies to meet the needs of each individual student on their caseload. Job expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Modify and develop daily curriculum techniques specific to students with sensory and social disorders.
- Develop approved lesson plans to meet the standards of the curriculum within the classroom and assist in developing lesson plans for inclusion students.
- Consistently communicate and correspond with parents, administrators, school psychologists and other professionals to set-up and plan IEP and Evaluation meetings.
- Act as IEP facilitator and collaborator between special ed. and regular education teachers.
- Gather relative information from team members and write, revise, or update IEP and existing data reports.
- Complete report cards and progress reports on each student’s progress.
- Assist other professional staff in identifying and implementing interventions for students suspected of having sensory, social and/or emotional disorders.
- Maintain appropriate student data in order to keep school-wide grading system up to date as well as data required to monitor IEP goal progress.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences and training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Fingerprint card
- Copy of current teaching certificate
- Current resume
- Letters of recommendation
- Additional applicable endorsements and/or AEPA test results
Interested participants can email or fax cover letter and resume to:
Integrated Education Services
21639 N. 12th Ave. Suite 204
Phoenix, AZ. 85027